The mission of Tobacco Free Hall County
is to promote healthy lives free of tobacco in all its forms.
Affiliates of Tobacco Free Hall County Envision a future free of tobacco
Tobacco Free Hall County (TFHC) is a local, proactive, tobacco education and prevention coalition established in 1994 that serves Hall County, Nebraska. Coalition members attend monthly meetings and work together to decide the direction for Tobacco Control efforts in Hall County.
What is a coalition? In short, a coalition is an alliance for combined action. Combining efforts throughout Hall county for Tobacco Control provides for the best possible outcomes for social changes in our community. Tobacco Free Hall County invites a range of partners to participate including but not limited to: youth, non-profit organizations, businesses, law enforcement, public school employees, medical professionals, and community volunteers. Please contact us if you would like to know how you can help.
Who: Open to everyone
What: Tobacco Free Hall County Coalition
When: 4th Tuesday of each month 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Where: 219 W 2nd St. Grand Island, NE 68801
- Tobacco Education
- Policy Development of comprehensive tobacco-free campus policies in workplaces, daycares, and housing.
- Youth activism
- Tobacco Free Signage
- Print Information
- Quit Kits
- Referrals for Cessation
- Daycare listing of sites with tobacco-free campus policies.
- Business listing of sites with tobacco-free campus policies.
- Housing listing of sites with tobacco-free campus policies.
The Tobacco Free Hall County Coalition is a collaboration of organizations in Hall County! Thank you to our key partners who consistently give time and effort to our efforts to lessen the burden of Tobacco in Hall County!
- American Cancer Society
- American Lung Association
- Central Community College
- Central District Health Dept.
- Central Health Center
- Central Nebraska Council on Alcoholism and Addictions
- Chamber of Commerce
- GI Family Radio
- Grand Island Independent
- Grand Island Parks & Recreation
- Grand Island Public Schools
- Grand Island Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- Hall County Housing Authority
- Hall County Juvenile Services
- Heartland Health Center
- Heartland United Way
- Hope Harbor
- Hy-Vee (Tara Neighbors)
- Kelly Family Dentistry
- Lamar Outdoor Advertising
- MAPS/COPE Coalition
- Midplains Behavioral Health
- Nebraska Heart Institute – Grand Island
- Nebraska State Patrol
- No Limits Nebraska
- Northwest School District
- Region 3
- CHI Health- Saint Francis Cancer Treatment Center (Jenny Roushe)
- CHI Health St Francis Cancer Treatment Center
- SFMC Foundation
- SFMC-Alcohol & Drug Treatment Center
- St Mary’s Cathedral Church/Daycare
- Students Against Destructive Decision Making at Grand Island Senior High
- Third City Clinic
- Tobacco Free Nebraska
- Veterans Affairs Medical Center Substance Abuse Treatment Unit